Weed’s Book

Sheikh - 20147, Virginia

I learned some lessons that no books or teacher could teach. Till this day I do not judge a book by its cover but read the introduction to see if this book is right for me. Life to me is a book where each chapter teaches me new aspects of life, as I am always learning to improve myself to be a better person through the observations of my surroundings.

When I was promoted to the 5th Grade my parents decided it was best for me to study in an International Boarding School. My first night I spend outside my parents house, feeling lonely and scared were new subjects I had to learn. A new recruit just walked out of the restroom, and the stench left behind was unbearable. I had to get out of the room to escape the smell. I walked over to the other room and started a conversation with the foulest words. Before I knew it was past bed time so I decided to return to my room plus the smell had died out. As I lay in bed, a voice from the dark asks me to step out. I had no clue why I was here. The resident staff approached me, and laid out the rules in front of me; foul language is not permitted. I had to find out who snitched. As I walked in to the room, Thomas looked at me and told me it was him who snitched.

The next day, I was sitting on the stairs and wished that I could go home as Thomas and Shobhit approached me. Thomas started to explain why he had snitched the previous night; he didn’t hate me he just wanted me to learn how to conduct myself in a better way. As Thomas uttered his last word, Shobhit smiled at me and signaled to me to come join them at the playground. I can never forget that smile as it made me feel at ease, and make friends with people who were different than me.

In the last 21 years of my life I have learned to value life, love, friendship, money and women. To call myself a normal 21 year old young adult would be wrong. I have seen more of the world then the average 21 year old person. The worlds that I have lived in have influenced me in ways that cannot be described by words. Having gone through so much and learning important lessons by the age of 21 I still do not believe that I have achieved anything. My book is only part written. Knowing to tolerate, accept, humility and respect are aspects of people’s lives that define the basic human personality. I believe these to be simple features of the bigger package which we offer. As every line we write in our book is a new experience that we gained; these experiences are lifelong lessons that change the world.