I Believe . . . Life

Jessica - Las Cruces, New Mexico

This I believe . . . life. I believe in waking up every morning, seeing wonderful sites, smelling great aromas, and being able to hear the wonderful sounds in life. Life is such a precious thing, and that is why I give thanks every day that I am able to do all these things.

As I was saying, life is a precious thing, but taking away a person’s life is not. Especially an unborn child. I think that women should not have abortions because they are killing helpless human beings. Life is such a great thing and when you get an abortion, you are hurting your child and also yourself. You are hurting your child by not giving it life. Most of all you are hurting yourself. You are hurting yourself more because you know you could have had a beautiful child, but you let him or her go. That is what I think about women getting abortions.

Abortions make women feel empty. I know this because my mom Irene was doing research. I was there with her, too. The website showed this one video of a woman getting an abortion. It also showed women’s comments after they had abortions. Most of the comments said, “I wish I had never done it.”

On the website there was a woman who really caught my attention. This woman had gotten her abortion and everything was going fine for her except the physical pain of the abortion. Then about one to two weeks later she had gone to the restroom. The lady had screamed out in pain yelling for her husband. In the toilet there was her child’s head. Her husband called for an ambulance. In the hospital the doctor told her that they had missed parts of the baby in the abortion but she would be fine.

This lady must have been scared for her life. If I was her, I would have been, especially if my doctor had told me everything is going to be fine after I had seen my dead child in the toilet. After reading that story, I felt sorry for that woman, but she is the one who chose to get an abortion in the first place. She could have given the baby up for adoption. That is also why I think abortions are wrong because then you regret even doing it. Many women get more than one abortion I don’t think that is right either.

I know that people make bad choices because I have made some myself. The only thing I say is that if you ever think of getting an abortion, think twice before killing your child. Life is a great thing and that is why I believe in it.