This I Believe: Life Is a Precious Gift From God

Mary Sharon - Shepherdsville, Kentucky

I believe in God who is the creator of all things in heaven and on earth and in His spirit that is among us. I believe in faith, hope, and love, which are the greatest of virtues. Unconditional love of my family in whom I am so richly blessed is also among my beliefs. These beliefs branch out into my relationships, through empathy, caring for others, loyalty, conversation, giving of myself and keeping a positive attitude. But most of all I believe in life. Life from it’s very beginning.

Human life begins at the instant of conception. As soon as the sperm enters the egg it is sealed and so is the fate of the person who will grow from it. Each egg and sperm holds the genetics of a human life complete with a soul and a spirit.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).

God gave us 10 commandments to live by, the 6th one being, “Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20).

Each human life began in the exact same way. Every person including Jesus has lived within the body of his/her mother. The power to begin life comes only from God. Without God no human person is created. Life for every person begins with God the creator and has a purpose. All human life deserves to live as God intended.

God gives us the free will to choose, thus choice is a gift from God. We are called to accept

God‘s choice of creating each life and nurturing it throughout his/her lifetime. From the moment of conception the woman has a responsibility to care for the life growing inside her.

I understand there are circumstances in life that make it difficult to carry forth God’s plan but God is in control and has created each life in His image for a reason. Turn to God for guidance and trust in His ways. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4: 6-7). If you can not provide a home for your baby God will provide one.

There are many options for an unplanned pregnancy and much help available. Many families long for a child and would welcome this precious gift from God. Communities all around the globe embrace these mothers and babies and are more than willing to help care for them.

Thus I believe in all human life even in its smallest form.