What I will believe unwaveringly forever

richard - snohomish, Washington

I believe in traditional moral values. These values are the same yesterday, today, and forever. Many dismiss Christian thought as, well, embarrassing because, you know, nobody takes this stuff seriously. And besides it’s childish superstition, isn’t it? Thank God that people like Alan Ginsberg; yes, Alan Ginsberg; began to “howl” for Christ and his teachings about the time of the first Apollo moon landing.

Still today, Christians are unable to reconcile what they already know with new cultural revelations from God.

Here is what the Bible tells little children when they sing that cute little song we all know (now might be a good time to play the “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so,” song):

• In the right to defend oneself.

• The right to have full representation and discussion before going to war so that the war responsibility is shared by the whole nation. If we fail, we fail together without shame.

• Sex, simple and unattached to anyone’s thoughts on condemning morality.

• Love, moderated so as not to fulfill some sick, self destructive purpose.

• Nothing else. If you look hard enough, you will find God; Jesus, raised and crucified, and the power of the true spirit of cooperation in these four simple ideas. John 1:1.