Abortion is Wrong

Kristina - Shawnee, Kansas
Themes: morality

Abortion is Wrong

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like without you? Every living person was put here for a reason, and only God knows what that reason is. This is why I believe that abortion is wrong and in the sanctity of human life. The world may have been a very different place if abortion had not been legalized. Abortion is wrong because it ends a human life, causes emotional and sometimes physical harm to the mother, and is aiding in the current global economic crisis.

Many people think that a unborn baby is just a useless clump of cells which can be thrown away with the trash this, however is not true. A person is a person from the moment of their conception. Unborn babies are little humans, to small to even speak for themselves, that should be loved and have the same rights as humans that have been born. An unborn baby’s heartbeat can be heard 8 weeks after conception, and have unique fingerprints 14 weeks after conception. The very idea that a unborn human is not a human is absurd. Abortion should be illegal, just as murder is. Why does our world think it is okay to kill a child while the are at the most vulnerable stage in their development? This is a question that I have never had answered to my satisfaction. Unborn children should have the same legal rights as everyone else.

Another reason for abortion to be illegal is that it not only ends a human life, but also causes great pain to the mother. When an unplanned pregnancy is discovered, many distressed mothers turn to abortion because they do not know what it really is, and are in a crisis situation looking for an easy way out. Abortion, however is not an easy way out. Mothers who have had abortions can get depressed after they realize what they have done and that they can’t undo it. Studies have shown that abortion makes the risk of cancer much higher. An abortion done improperly can have many side effects, including death. This is another reason why abortion is wrong.

The worlds current economic crisis can also partially be blamed on abortion. It takes twelve working members of society to support one retiree. When the number of retired people is close to the same as the number of working people, the government cannot get enough tax money to support everyone. This leads to taxes being raised and government aid being reduced. As the taxes are raised on businesses, they have to raise there prices , which is hard on families. If abortion was not legal, there would be more working citizens who could pay their taxes. The government would have enough money.

Abortion ends a human life, therefore it is wrong and should be illegal. Every person is created by God for a specific purpose, and they can’t fulfill that purpose if they are never born. A lady confessed to Padre Pio that she had had an abortion and he told her that she had killed the greatest pope who would have ever lived. Imagine how many great doctor, inventors, and politicians have been aborted since it was legalized. We will never know what the world would have been like if all the aborted babies had lived.