A Call To Rise

Lucas - Chicago, Illinois

I believe in us. I believe that we are inevitable, and that nothing can stand against our conjoined will. We are a force that will dominate the world and shape it as we see fit. We are the future and we will not be stopped. I am you and you are I, in this we are one. I need your fortitude, your intelligence, your conviction, your strength of heart. This future is a compilation of individuals, without each other we are powerless; a cause without rebels is a fruitless endeavor, indeed. So lean on me and I’ll lean on you, and together, we’ll forge the world that as it should be. We will not be denied.

I need not tell you that there is something terribly wrong with the world. The issues are many; no one knows this better than you and I. CEO’s maintain their million dollar payrolls for bankrupting their companies and laying off thousands of honest workers. Corrupt politicians ignore their original purpose and serve each other instead of serving the people. We, the innocent youth, go to war for the crimes of the old. All around the world tension increases and growing dread of catastrophe is palpable.

These problems are not our fault, but they are our responsibility. Obviously, the ones in power allow these transgressions to go uncontested, and it would be foolish to expect them to right their own wrongs. So it falls to us, to each and every one of us that recognizes the faults in the system and who has the burning flame of revolution thriving in their soul. Reject the world that has been handed to us. Ignore the empty promises, avoid the complacency, do not fall into lethargy. Do it yourselves, do it for me, do it for the ones around you, do it for your children and your children’s children.

I have been to hurricane-ravaged lands and economically broken homes. During my mission trips to Mississippi and Kentucky, I have toiled alongside men and women of all ages that reject complacency and decide to do something about it. Seeing all of us from different backgrounds, races, and creeds come together simply to help one another out really showed me our selfless-ness. I have seen how we truly are when the facade that surrounds us and warps our reality is torn asunder and I have seen the nobility of each living person. We all have the desire and capacity for peace. People of race, creed, and sex are united in our commonality of this shared desire. We can change our war torn world and fight for prosperity for all.

I’m not going to sit here and dictate what to do with your life, but I ask that you rise up with me and take back this world. Challenge the wrongs in your world. Fight injustice when you see it. We can change the world, and as we stand our backs against the wall we look to each other and with a ghost of smile on our lips nod and rush into this long battle of righting this world. We will not be denied.