Jake - Shawnee, Kansas
Themes: Christianity

Have you ever come across someone, a friend, a stranger, or even a family member, that thinks that there is no point in religion? Do you ever remember taking the time to talk to them about it and ask them some questions? Did you ask yourself what that would do for you in your spiritual life? I believe that everyone should have the chance to hear our faith, and it is our duty to tell them. I am going to share a story on this topic from my own life, my belief on evangelism, and why it is important.
 There is a specific percentage of people in the world that have never heard of our Catholic faith. A member of this percentage was on my little league baseball team. Coming from a very Catholic family, we encouraged our team to pray before each game. There were a kid on that team that had never even been to church and this was very unusual for him. After praying before each game and a few trips to church with my family and others, he started to learn the faith. We would quiz him and ask him questions about the Christian faith and see how much he had learned. He then started to go to church and his life was changed forever. This is just an example of what evangelism can do for someone. That is just one more person that will go to heaven. Imagine how many people would be saved if we just took five minutes every day to talk to someone about our faith.

Evangelism is a wonderful gift from God and established by Christ. We are called to go out and tell others about what Christ came to do for us and bring others to Him. Some of the radical evangelists will even break laws in their homeland to spread their faith to the public. By telling others about the faith, we bring them closer to heaven and ourselves closer to God. I believe evangelism is a great thing.

Spreading the Gospel is so important. Like I said, everyone should have the chance to hear it. It isn’t called the “good news” for nothing. Letting other people know that Jesus came to save them and is watching over them always might turn their life around. They might start getting rid of old bad habits and go to Mass. Jesus is our savior, let others know.

I believe evangelism is the best thing a Christian can do for his or her faith. So next time you see someone you know that has no faith, sit down with them and talk because it might change their life. This I believe.