Live Life to the Fullest

Alanna - West Hartford/CT/06117, Connecticut
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that in life, it is important to live everyday as if it were your last. You should be able to get the things you want and accomplish any goal you set your mind to. Always, make sure to find good friends and always stay close with your family, because they are usually the ones you can trust the most. I have had experiences with deaths in both friends and family. One of my best friends died in a car crash along with another good friend of mine. I also recently lost my grandfather to cancer. Going through those times made me aware of how quickly life can be taken away.

Although certain times may be hard to face, even the most negative things can change your perspective for the better. This happened to me and I can see much more of the brighter side. Sometimes this can be hard, but you learn to appreciate those around you and be forgiving to others’ mistakes. When you share time with your friends, laughing and having a good time, those are the memories that will stay close to your heart. It is important to build up relationships and generally accept people for who they are.

Live life to the fullest even if you are scared. Even if you are afraid of heights, take a chance at something like skydiving or even a rollercoaster. For example, I am very scared of heights. I went to six flags with some friends, and they knew of my fear to go on Superman, one of the biggest rollercoaster I have ever seen. When finally I gave in, it ended up being one of the most thrilling experiences of my life. Taking these chances could end up making you surprised and have a lot of fun. You should be spontaneous with some things and live on the edge. Even if you end up being afraid at the time, when you think back in the end of it all, it is worth it. It is important to face your fears and try as many new experiences as you can. You only live once!

When you live one life, you have to try something different and new things. If you are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel the world, take it. I have had the chance to see Europe and the Caribbean. Traveling to various destinations in the world with my family and friends will be forever cherished. I will always remember the fun I had and how nice it was to escape from my normal, ordinary routine.

Also, living a fulfilling life includes not only making others feel appreciated, but also taking care of your own needs. You can help out a friend and at the same time feel good about doing a simple favor. Even just doing a nice gesture, like giving someone soup when they are feeling sick. This is a very simple task but it shows that you care. It is important to people that you show appreciation especially when they care for you back. That doesn’t mean you always need something in return for being nice, but it is appreciated. People notice the little things.

Doing nice things for other people can have a positive effect on you, but so can getting ahead, being responsible and in charge of where your life may be headed. For example, being in college has shown me that I can take care of my own needs and I realize that only I can be in control of my future. I see how many options I have and the way my decisions can affect the way things unfold. Also, college has opened up my mind to all of the various careers that are available for me after I graduate. This has made me really think about what I want to do and what my capabilities are.

Through my experiences so far, I have learned to cope with loss and hardship, but I have overcome those obstacles to be the positive, uplifting individual that I am. I understand that every situation can be handled differently- and there is not always a right and wrong. Live life with no regrets and make sure to take care of yourself as well as the people you love. Take risks and have fun, but stay on the path you are trying to pave and always remind yourself of your goals. Reflect on the past, but do not let it discourage you. Life is too short to dwell on issues you are unable to change, so concentrate on those you can.