Gene, the Absolute Goat

Alexis - las vegas, New Mexico

I believe that animals should be raised and killed humanely.

When I was younger about 10 or 11 I had to kill a goat, named Gene. Killing animals for food I think is wrong but we have to, to get our food so we can have good strong bones for our body and our minds.

Gene was raised healthy and cared for. Gene was happy and healthy she was always running around the ranch and hanging around with her buddy pals. Gene was an awesome goat!! She loved to eat grass and hay she loved every one even my little sister Carla. She was so loving to the neighbors and the community. Gene always was eating the food that we gave her.

Even my little sister said that it was very sad to see that goat die. She actually started crying, poor thing. The goat’s eyes where looking into mine I started crying it was sad and very hurtful to see the goat die. Goats and other animals are really good pets to have but without having to kill them.

The goat meat was good and delicious but it just didn’t feel right to eat it. To kill that poor goat just broke my heart to see that happen. The death of the goat was horrible. It was horrible but we had to for food.

“Factory farms?“ I know that animals in factory farms don’t get lots of space and they don’t live very long, The poor animals in there need space to move. Like the chickens they need space to move around and to eat and room to have they’re own personal body space and not all in some other animals poop. It’s gross how the animals have to live on that.

The question, “Should animals be raised in factory farms?” reminds me of Bob Marley when he said, “Get up stand up, stand up for your rights.” All the animals in cages are probably saying that they want to get out of there and they need room to breathe. They are probably claustrophobic in those cages full of poop and that’s not healthy. If the animals could speak, they’d be screaming. Every one needs love even animals. All animals being raised for food should be loved and cared for like Gene. This I believe.