What about the animals? Don’t they get some luxury?

Autumn - las vegas, New Mexico

It started when I was out to eat and I was eating a chicken leg when it hit me. The dim room seemed to fade. The sound of all the people turned to the clucking of hundreds of chickens that were trapped in a rusted cage a cage that was holding them captive. I saw them be taken to the slaughterhouse and beheaded. When I came back I looked at the red meat clinging to the bone. My stomach churned, I put the leg back on the plate and pushed it away. Since then I stopped eating chicken legs. Not long after that I read about beef and how the cows were treated. It was horrendous. A friend told me about pork. It was just as bad as the beef. Ever since I have not eaten much meat. I read about the treatment of animals and it was horrible. At industrial farming the cows blood is sometimes saved and mixed in with the calves milk. The remains of the cows that had already been slaughtered is ground and mixed in with other cows grain. I think it is horrifying. It makes me never want to eat meat again

When the cows are grass fed and free ranged they are fed only grass and have as much room as they need. They are often put in a state of mind so they can’t feel as they’re killed.

We were coming back to the school from the Mexican border when we stopped for lunch we had been driving all morning. We were all hungry, me especially because I did not eat a big breakfast. We went to Subway for lunch. At the time I was not eating meat so I ordered the only veggie item on the menu. It was veggies of my choice on toasted Italian bread. I ate my sandwich and once I was finished I joined my friend who where talking to the adults. One of the adults turned around and asked why I was vegetarian I told him about all the sicknesses and how animals were treated. He was obviously one of those poorly informed people about the treatment of animals. Once I was finished he said I shouldn’t be afraid to eat meat. The other adult looked uncomfortable .My brain was screaming at me to tell him that he had no right to affront me like that. I subdued my anger after a lot of struggles.

Later we went to an industrial dairy farm .I watched the hundreds of cows in small cages pass and my brain chanted, “Told you so, told you so”. I could not help the smug smile that crossed my face.

I believe in grass fed animals. In animals that can enjoy a full life and that have as much room as they need.