Animal Rights

Arthur - las vegas, New Mexico

I believe that animals deserve to be fought for. All over the world animals suffer because of factory farming, animal fights and just simple animal abuse. Every living thing deserves to have a happy life; for a dog to lay in front of a fireplace inside a warm home with the company of a family that cares for it, not walking the streets. For the cow to have miles and miles of land to walk through, not spending their lives in a small cage. Naturally, some do need to die but is it too much to ask to humanely kill the animals?

As a small kid I had gone to visit the dog pound. It was saddening how they were hopeless, alone with no sense of a home. Then to know that they will soon die, I hated it. I walked down the hallway of barking dogs, some furious, some depressed. Even with no one to blame, I knew it was wrong Now that I am older, I see larger matters. The horrifying image of the dog pound isn’t as bad as it once was. When I compare it to a factory farm, it changes the way I think about it. The animals are killed differently in each place.

For many animals, a cage that they can barely fit in with food and water put out in front of them is all they know. It is hard for us to understand, with our fortunate lives full of freedom. We have the choice to have a natural death. Our every day issues do not consist of life and death. There death will come, and they cannot do anything about it. While our issues are seen as tragic, they are nothing compared to what they are going through. No living thing can ever deserve to be treated this way.

Organizations that support animal rights fight to ban things such as the factory farming and the inhumane killings. There are so many people fighting for animal rights but why is the dilemma still apparent? Why don’t they ban these horrible things? I am eager to find a way to stop the animal abuse. With all the greed in the world, it is harder to bring it to an end. This is because more people are benefiting from all the money made from factory farming. They are saving money by making the living space of the animals smaller to increase the amount of animals. If the chickens are pecking each other, then they are de-beaked. If the cows are taking up to much space, then their cage size is reduced.

When I walk though a dog pound and think of the miserable life they have, then I think of a factory farm animal’s life. Although one is far more severe, both are wrong. I think that all of these problems will eventually no longer exist, and there will be no more suffering. Animals deserve to be fought for. This, I believe.