Karma is its Price

Angela - Las Cruces, New Mexico

I believe in Karma and its power to come back to the people who deserve it. I have experienced karma in so many different lights. So many times we look at a situation and want revenge; but that little voice inside our heads stop us from taking action.

I was a sophomore in high school and a newly transferred student to this high school for hopes of a new beginning of no one knowing who you are. I dated the star football player and my reputation rose. Two weeks into our relationship I made an extremely stupid decision and lost my virginity. Two days later he broke up with me, which was on Valentine’s Day. As the weeks moved on I did not start my period and started to worry. I decided to take a pregnancy test and the results said error. This by far was the scariest moment of my life. I knew at that moment I would have to tell my mother. That night I explained everything to her. She did not get upset or mad; all she said was that we will go to the doctor to see if she could give me a more accurate test.

I immediately called my ex and told him everything. The next day at school was like a nightmare. The entire school was calling me the pregnant whore. I knew my ex had told everyone my embarrassing secret that wasn’t even a sure thing.

The doctors gave me a test later on that day and explained that it was negative and I had probably just stressed myself out of it. I did not want to tell my ex I had gotten the results back yet; I wanted him to pay for ruining my reputation. I thought about this plan for awhile that day, until that night I read a quote that said “some people lead with their heads and others lead with their hearts, but before you do anything you should first decide weather you have a better head or a better heart.”

After reading this quote I decided to tell my ex because I do lead with my heart and even though my head wanted revenge my heart could not do that. Karma in time will take care of this matter. Karma is not about payback its how you handle situations when they come at you from a different angle than you were expecting. Karma is not how you treat people but how you react to their hatred.