I believe in a better government

william - smyrna, Tennessee

In America the thought of government has seemed to become a thought of mismanagement and corruption. I believe with the right leaders the government can be changed for the best. Politicians need to be held accountable for their actions. Many times politicians who are caught in a scandal will simply resign and that is the end of the problem. Politicians who support huge spending needs to know where the tax payer’s money is really going and how it will be spent. The American people needs to be informed about their local and federal government, but it doesn’t matter how much information you give a person if they are not interested. Americans need to get involved with the government to fix the problem. I believe with these actions taken the government will be working for the American people.

Often politicians Slip into the vast corruption of government. I’ve seen this happen so many times through my life. I watched the governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich get thrown out of office for trying to sell a senate seat. It makes you wonder if this is really an uncommon practice among politicians. I know that there is many times that politicians get rewarded for their corrupt bargains. Politicians need to get severely punished for their corruption. This would set an example for other politicians. When a politician is corrupt then they are working against the people that voted for them.

I believe that one day I will be a politician. I know that I will never get caught up in corruption because of the examples I have seen before my own eyes. I know I can make the government work for the people instead of against the people. I know that simple measures can be taken to improve the whole government. I believe if my views were put into place America would be much better. But many people don’t want that such as corrupt politicians and lobbyist. I believe that if there was a tariff put on trade put on trade the economy would quickly bounce back to prosperity. But many companies do not want that because they exploit workers from other countries for their low pay. The lobbyist will do just about anything to maintain their way of life. When they bribe politicians the government is working against us. They are not working for the people that voted for them and put them into office. I believe that these can be changerd in a short amount of time. I want to be an example for other politicians in the future. I know I can help change this country if I put my mind to it. The people deserve a person that will work hard to meet their needs.

Government is meant to be a good part of peoples lives. I believe that it can be a good part of peoples lives it just needs to be fixed. I believe with the right management it can be fixed and all of us will be part of it.