What is success?

Vanessa - Pawtcuekt, Rhode Island
Themes: work

What is the meaning of success? Is success a task and receiving positive result or is it just achieving our own personal goals? Success for some is moving on and doing something better then what their parents are doing. I believe in success and the only way to success is by your hard work and there are no short cuts to succeeding in life.

My meaning of success is completing a goal and getting to the point where you feel that you have achieved that goal and feel proud of what you have done. I have achieved many goals but there is one goal I must complete. My goal is to be successful, to hopefully ease my mothers pain. Seeing the lady who brought me to live suffer makes me suffer. Seeing her tears of pain rushing down her cheeks motivates me on completing my last month of high school and enter into college and completing four years of a major. I am willing on working as hard as she does in order to support her and stop seeing her suffer.

My mom is working in a factory getting a decent pay check but she has been working too much and killing her self to support me. She has a problem with her back the doctor said her spine is a little dislocated and that is why she is getting horrible backaches. My mother works from 7am to 4pm by the time she gets home she has a horrible backache that she cries from the pain most nights. In Spanish she tells me “Ahy mami este trabajo me esta matando ya no puedo trabajar mas” oh my this job is killing me. I can’t work anymore. When she tells me those words my heart drops and breaks into millions of pieces to see her suffering just so have what I desire. She tells me to work hard and finish school to have a good paying job so I won’t have to kill myself in a factory.

I believe in success. I believe everyone can be successful in life. I believe that if you try and work hard it will pay off. I believe that if you have important values and beliefs it will guide you on the road of success. I believe that success doesn’t have any short cuts and the only way to succeed in life is through your hard work. I believe that you can not pray to god to give you success in life, the success is in your hands to make your dreams come true.