Hold Tight

Paige - Olathe, Kansas

Hold Tight

The word believe means to have confidence and faith in the truth. To believe in

something doesnʼt en anything if you do not put it to use. Referring to an old country

song, “You have to believe in something are youʼll fall for anything.” What if you donʼt

know what is right or wrong then you will soak up everything you hear and see, but all

things are not good to take in. This means that you need to know what you believe in.

In the rest of my paper I will talk about faith is an ongoing journey; what I believe in, and

how society can misguide our beliefs.

The journey of faith is a hard, but well needed. A time when my faith suffered was

last year toward the middle of 8th grade. I was focusing so much on my grades and

graduating into high school that my faith became the last thing on my mind. The next

time I went to Mass people were handing out these sign up sheets for perpetual

adoration. I had no clue what that was or if I was even old enough to join, but I took a

risk and signed up for it any ways. The first two months it was just me and Jesus, and it

was great. Even though going to adoration every week is a really big commitment I

knew that God wanted me to do this to become closer to him.

What I believe in is a really hard question to answer. I am Catholic so I believe

that Jesus Christ, Godʼs only son, saved us from death by dieing on a cross so our sins

would be forgiven. I also believe in eternal life which was given to us by Christʼs death.

It is hard to believe in this because you have to accept that there is a higher power

which created and designed you. A way that makes me have faith that God is real is

what saint Thomas Aquinas wrote a book on. This was that for the worl to be able to

“move” or be able to have life there must be an unmoved mover. This means that

something or some on had to not be created, but the creator, “the mover”, and that

being is God Our Father.

Society makes it very hard to have faith in God because they give off a certain

image that they think people should be which not the right one is. For example when

you walk through a store you probably see magazines with materialistic stories that can

turn you way from God. Society thinks that killing babies is ok, that a teen getting

pregnant is ok, and these are just a few. Even though all these thing are wrong people

still do the because they donʼt want to be an outcast. Who ever reads this, please keep

your faith strong. In conclusion faith is a hard thing to keep working at to make stronger,

but you need to do it to become closer to God. Also donʼt let our society crumble your

faith apart.