Watching Life

Kyle - Phoenix, Arizona

Views on life vary from person to person. I am one of the few who finds pessimistic views on life as I only see more negative factors of human life than I do positive. Since our evolution from the primates, our ancestors’ minds have developed for worse. Simple thoughts of selfishness eventually evolved into hatred and distrust. Racism, still reigning today, has determined whether or not a person can live, get a job, or enjoy even minor conveniences of life. The loathing is not only limited to racism. Homosexuality, poverty, religion, and countless other involuntary aspects of different humans are looked down upon for the sole thought of one person being superior to another. I see that money controls the vast majority of human life and I doubt it will ever change. It exists not for organization, yet to place others higher in society than those they consider inferior. With wealth and riches comes respect and power. Without it, a relief that is almost entirely uncontrollable, a person can be seen as less than human or some sort of animal, implying that they too are inferior to the human race. I feel like other humans purposely attempt to make life more challenging and difficult for the less blessed, in terms of riches and authority, in order to make their own easier. Personally, I live to think freely. I don’t believe the freedom of our thoughts will remain so independent in the future. I only plan to enlighten others on this well-hidden aspect, which is why I love to write. I realize there is still much to cover and no one voice will EVER be loud enough to bring the equality that all of us are born with back to light. I hope my voice will be heard by those who want to change such a bleak future if anyone at all.