Friends CHANGE Everything

Abigail - North Berwick, Maine

Friends CHANGE Everything

“Friendship…is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you haven’t really learned anything.”

That was some words from Muhammad Ali. This quote helps me believe friends can change everything. Friends are like your family outside of school. I would like to just give you one more quote that I found pretty interesting;

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship – never.”

This quote was written by Charles Caleb Colton. That quote doesn’t really go with my belief but I really love it so I thought I would tell you. At least it has something to do with Friendship.

Here’s a story that goes with my belief, If I had never pointed out that me and my absolute best friend, Cathea, had the same backpack on our first day of school then we wouldn’t have been such good friends as we are now. We were such good friends that for the month of I think it was November; I stayed at her house all 4 weekends! It was so much fun, but now she lives like 4 hours away and it stinks because I don’t get to talk or see her as much. But a bright side is that my dad might move back to Vermont and if he moves close to where Cathea lives then I might get to see her over the summer. That would be the best summer ever ‘cause Cathea’s the best friend I’ve ever had! I call Cathea my best friend because she would always be there for me; when I was having a bad day she would be the one to come up to me and ask me what’s wrong. After she’d asked me what was wrong she would help me fix the problem. When I was at her house we would turn on some music and dance around her house. The cool thing was that my mom would let me stay at her house on Sundays. That’s not a normal thing for my mom, of all people. So that’s one reason to why I believe Friends Can Change Everything.

Another great story that helps me believe that Friends Can CHANGE Everything. My mom; If she had never been in my life I would have been a totally different person. I would have had a really bad boyfriend. My mom taught me about what’s good and bad in a boy. What she said I think changed my life forever because she said that most 15-16 year old boys want “you know what”, so I watch out for those boys. If I see that that’s all they want then I wont go for them. Also I probably would have been one of those kids that get suspended all the time and that’s not a good person to have in our world. Only because I would have picked the wrong guy to date and he would of put me on the wrong track in the world; meaning what I said, suspension and detentions.

I actually have another story that helps me realize my belief is really true. When I went to Sanford Jr. High School I was a totally different person than I am now. Like all of my friends at Sanford would be friends with me just so that they could make fun of me. One Saturday evening I had a dance at the Nasson Gymnasium, and before the dance I went over to my friend Laura’s. Her friend Amanda was there too. Laura did my hair while Amanda did my make-up. I figured out that having Amanda do my make-up was a bad idea because she gave me raccoon eyes; they said that it looked good when I asked to see it they said that her bathrooms smelled bad and I didn’t want to go in there. It was so embarrassing. They let me look at it after they showed me off to everyone that I knew. Well that tells you or me that friends CAN change everything.

Some people might think that if you have a friend that you don’t talk to very often then they aren’t changing anything in your life. Well your wrong everyone you know has effect in your life, like people who you go to school with but don’t have any classes with could change your life if they hear something wrong. Meaning a rumor or something about you that you don’t want anyone to know.

I have a lot of great friends that have changed everything for me. I bet everyone in the world has one special someone that has changed everything for them. I know that my one special person is my mom because she has taught me just about everything I know(outside of school). If I didn’t have my “BEST FRIEND”[my mom] then I would of been nothing. But now I definitely believe it because of all the friends that have changed everything for me!