I believe everyone has a Guardian Angel

Meagen - Puyallup, Washington
Themes: afterlife

I believe that everyone that lives on earth, good and bad, have their own guardian angel. They may not see them or hear them, but they’re still there. I believe then guardian angels come in various shapes and forms. For me, my guardian angel came in the shape of a small kitten. When I was 4 years I got a kitten that I named Smarshmallow, I couldn’t pronounce marshmallow right then. She grew up with me and we had a strong bond. I loved her and she loved me. I always told my mother that she was my guardian angel. Smarshmallow would take walks with me and would even comfort me when I was sad. She’d play with me in the afternoon sun, then fall asleep next to me in my warm bed. When I got home from school, she was always there waiting for me in the window. We were almost insuperable, until she got sick. I prayed and prayed, and for a couple of days I got to spend her last minutes comforting her but she didn’t make it. I was miserable when she died. She had changed my life so much. She was a beautiful cat and she lived to be 9-years-old. She may be dead to some, but not to me. I knew she never left me. I can still feel her by my side, still hear her angelic meow, still feel her soft lick, still see her beautiful fur, still smell her wonderful flowery sent. She never left me and she’s with me always, my own guardian angel that God sent himself. This I believe is true.