Boarding the Boundaries and Beyond

Mark - 99504, Alaska
Themes: sports

Many people believe in god(s). They have this belief shape their life and inspire them to do good. Some people believe in money, status, or books and let their lives be shaped by materialism, prestige, or even logic! I believe in snowboarding.

Snowboarding has brought inspiring and extreme experiences into the life I lead. With snowboarding I am free to fly wherever I please. I am able to swiftly soar down the mountain side. I am open to dream of an ultimate life and ideal inventions. I can travel any road I please so long as I put my mind to the task ahead. By believing in snowboarding I have experienced those perfect runs which inspire me forever more in all of my endeavors.

I am able to find my limits and then push them farther. I can test my fear for riding off cliffs and down nearly vertical chutes. I am able to test myself on the race course and find how quickly I am able to carve through slalom and giant slalom courses. I can define myself by how hard I push myself and by what I have achieved. Snowboarding has taught me to focus my talents and develop them through hard work.

By believing in snowboarding, I am inherently in great physical condition. Snowboarding often leaves me exhausted at the end of a long run. I not only exercise my body but also my mind. Racing requires a specific mentality that allows one to clear their mind, relax, and win. I train my mind by focusing on positive thoughts –weeks, sometimes months before a race.

Our world is getting warmer, the glaciers are shrinking, and our snow is melting more and more each year. My belief in snowboarding has made me more conscientious. I have become inspired to treat Earth in a better way in order to reduce the human impact on not just my snowboarding season, but everyone’s snowboarding season.

By believing in snowboarding, I am required to be efficient with my time. I have many obligations to fulfill throughout my week which need to get done before I can Snowboard my weekend away. If everyone was more efficient with their time, they would be able to more fully experience life.

I am able to shape the life I lead by believing in snowboarding. I can ride mountains, jib the jumps, or race down groomed trails. I am inspired to spread good in this world and treat the Earth well. I am required to be efficient in my life. I believe in snowboarding, my favorite avocation.