I Believe we all choose life

max - newnan, Georgia

I believe we all chose life. Whether we chose to live or to take our selves off of this world, we are given the option. No one can hold you from suicide nor hindering your existence. For every second you live, every scene you cast your eyes on, shifts your mood, alters your opinion. Every colour has an affect on your mind, it can depress you or it can lift you high up. People take drugs to heighten their senses, to make their bad day become better, but I feel that life its self is so much more of a drug. When you hear music, when you read the lyrics to a song your mind begins its process of becoming a whole new form. Realization. We spend all our time so focused on death and how bad of a world this is, but if you spent all your energy on that how could you ever live happily, luckily we are sidetracked by humanly things that posses greater value to us, and set us of course. I have always accepted death being with life. It has never scared me when I was a child I would sit there and think about death and become scared but around age 12 I figured…uncontrollable why worry? Death is a sad part of life, its devastating when someone close to your heart dies. But life is death; death is life; Dark/Light.

The song started to play, a flat, full of distortion guitar with a low B-note then 5more notes follow, coughing surrounds the background, pain and anguish. His voice screeches in, whining, belting his convictions the sound that if “dying” had a physical sound that would be it. “Enter A Uh” is the ttle of the song. This album was recorded in John’s house circa 1997 during his heroin depression years. At that moment in time when he hit record and sang that son, he wanted to die. His voice is so broken down you can tell he wouldn’t care about death. His latest album was just released about 2months ago. “The Empyrean”. As I always do with every one of his albums, turn off all the lights, blare the music, and lay outside at night, and listen to the album. I instantly knew what he was talking about when I heard this album. It was about experience. It was that life is changing, that we are who we are. We change on what we see, we are what we experience. His music changed my life, it was the guitar and his voice with overlays of his voice on top of each other. My point is that our life is such a miniscule part in time, but that doesn’t mean we still don’t matter. We matter because the point of life to me is that everyone has a role and that role is everyone is here to be there for someone else we come into each person’s life as and when they need that person.