Cierra - Las Vegas, Nevada

Music is a craft identical to an art form. There is such a wide range of genres that the varieties of different sounds are truly unique. People around the world can appreciate a certain range or genre but when we look at the bigger picture, it is a revolving cycle that always ends up in the exact same place, which is music. when listening to music, it can bring forth so many emotions for people. When the vibrations of sound are detected by the ear, it triggers us to feel a certain way. Imagining the world without music, would be a life that is colorless and vapid. Music is important in everyday life because not only does it intrigue people mentally and emotionally, it also brings people together.

The origin of music stems form natural occurring sounds and rhythms such as tapping, whistling, and the human voice itself just to name a few. Since music is so diversified, there is an array of emotions that go along with it. For example, mentally music can be very therapeutic. After a long day of work or school or any other worries running through our minds, the sound of constant tranquility in music may bring people to ease their tension. Music can also be helpful emotionally in good and in bad times. For instance when you have downer days, when going through a bitter breakup, or coping with the loss of a loved one. Whatever it may be, hearing a song that is relatable to the situation at hand can help an upsetting time be less dismal.

Music can even make good times become great! Whether you are in the car driving with your friends while singing along to your favorite jam, or making a great day even better, it is an additional accessory to brighten the day. Music even has the ability to bring people together. Some social experiences that tie together with music would be parties, dances, and concerts. People with common interests come together at these festivities not only to have a good time, but to also listen to the music they love to hear. Another example would be CD mixes or song dedications. People in relationships dedicate songs to each other to express their love for one another and their love for music as well culminates the effects music has on people’s emotions.

Everyone has their own take on how musical sounds can make them feel emotionally. For me, music delivers a wide range of emotions triggered by the different sounds I hear of the assortment of music. most of the examples stated, I have experienced first hand. From good times and bad times, music has been there for me mentally and emotionally. I absolutely love the aspect of how it can bring people together, because it can be very amusing and entertaining. I can not imagine a world without music, because a world without music would be colorless and vapid.