Free Da People

Lucas - Las Vegas, New Mexico

America thinks there is no one in the world that is treated like a slave, but in reality there are lots of people who are. These people work twelve hours a day and break their backs to support their families. These people are humans’ beings that work to get $3 a day. These are people just like you and me! These are Dads, moms, uncles, aunts, grandmas, grandpas, brothers, and sisters. I can’t imagine working from sunrise too sunset to get $3.

I have heard the stories of these people who get paid close to nothing. I have learned everyone is important! I started wondering why we get away with this. Maybe, because these workers are immigrants! We treat them like swine because they are from a different country! This is very wrong and demeaning. It is like going to a different country and every one treat you unfairly because of your skin. These are men and women are getting pushed around, but have to deal with it. These people need to earn a living to survive because they have families to support.

If you had to go trough this you would probably go crazy, I know I would. These people are under privileged humans who struggle to survive. But these people have a hero. His name is Cesar Chavez. He is the Martin Luther king of the Mexican farm workers. He worked to help these people. He is famous because he stood up for what he believed in. I can do this also.

I can follow my dreams and help. These people work their hands off to have their hard work 50% off at Wal-Mart. At some of the camps they get paid 1 dollar per pound. These places are much better, because they are paid for there work fairly. But there are not enough of these camps in America. This is a problem. I have studied all these camps and the men and women that live in the huts. These people who slave away over pocket change. It is not only adults but children too. Children twelve and up are sent to the fields. They are bound to the work as if they were full grown. These children mostly only know how to speak Spanish. These children have no education or future except working in the fields. Help these children who have no future. I can be the savior of these people I know how it feels to be pushed around because we were different. In third grade these kids terrorized the weird kids like me. They pushed me around and I let them because we thought they were stronger. I finally realized that if we united we could stand up to them. This is why I believe in equality toward all humankind.