Animals, Pets and Food

Daisy - Las Vegas, New Mexico

If you love animals called pets, then why do you eat animals called dinner?

This belief was first formed when my teacher read my class a quote during gathering time. When it came to my turn to respond to the quote, I thought this quote really makes a sense. People don’t see an animal in an animal instead they see food in animal. When people hear or see a cow or a chicken or any other animal we eat, they think of food, not an animal. When my class started learning about factory farming I saw how animals are treated and where my food really comes from. This really topped of my belief.

When I first got pygmy goats, my mom showed me the importance of having love for animals. She taught me to be kind and loving to animals. She told me to always make sure that they had a nice warm home. When my goat had babies I went out to feed them and I just stood there listening and watching. I saw how animals are so beautiful, and how they have souls and personalities.

I believe that people don’t care about what’s happening to the animals in factory farms. We’re getting sick from the way animals are treated or should I say the way your burgers and chicken fingers were treated. We should treat animals with more respect. We should treat and care for animals so that they are healthier for us to eat.

Want to know the TRUTH about how people are treating animals? You might think about changing the way you eat after I tell you. Heartless people give animals antibiotics and then feed the produce to us. Its like they’re feeding us antibiotics. We are getting sick from this. If the animals have something is wrong with them they still sell the produce to us. I think they’re making money off us getting sick and dying.

You should see how they keep these animals! Some of the animals are kept in places as big as they are. Most of the animals never get to go outside. The baby animals don’t get to have a good childhood. As for the chickens, they pack them in cage drowse that pull out. The chickens get feed some of the other dead chickens. Animals that die get left there with the other living animals roaming around.

If you think that’s bad you should see how cows get mad cow disease. While, when the calf is about six months old, they get taken away from their moms. Then they mix the blood from dead cows with milk and feed it to the calves, along with antibiotics. The antibiotics help with the sicknesses. Hormones are given for the animal to grow bigger faster so they can make more profit.

I believe that people should respect our animals more. I believe animals should be better, healthier, and happier. Factory farmed animals life style is anything but healthier and happier.