Factory Farming is wrong!

Christopher - Las Vegas, New Mexico
Themes: morality, nature

I believe that factory farming is wrong. Part of the reason why I believe this is because of the way that my family taught me how to treat animals. They taught me this by having pets throughout my childhood, mostly dogs and a turtle. Having those pets taught me responsibility and how to care for animals. My grandfather always told me that animals always come first.

Factory farming is wrong because factory farms mistreat animals. In these farms the animals only come first because of the money that they bring to the owners. Family farming is good because they respect and care for animals. Factory farms mistreat animals by putting them in cages as big as they are. What horrible things to do to animals, these animals have feelings too! The workers never clean out the cages and they put antibiotics in the animal’s food so that they don’t get sick.

The cause of this sickness is from all of the waste in their cages. Theses animals are bought from family farms at younger than six months old. The animals are packed into small cages at a factory farm somewhere in the country. For the rest of the their life, they live in factory farms .The animals never see sunlight or step on real ground again. The animals are pumped full of hormones to make the animals bigger so they can produce more meat faster.

The more meat the companies produce the more money the companies get. There are better ways to farm and get our meat. Wearers’ family farming is different. The animals are raised on natural grains and no hormones or antibiotics. Cattle can rome freely instead of being packed into very small cages. The animals are treated better, which means that they are happier. As a result, the meat that we get from these animals is much better.

When I started at a new school, I studied factory farming. I read articles and learned about factory farms. It was horrible and cruel. I could not believe what humans do to theses animals. I could not believe what I was seeing right before my eyes. This type of treatment is actually happening to animals! It’s just horrible. Animals should be respected and treated well. I think that I can change this by letting others know the truth about where our food really comes from. The reality is that factory farms treat animals wrong and unfairly and it needs to stop.