Treatment of Animals

Alex - Las Vegas, New Mexico

I believe that I have the power to make positive choices that affect animal’s lives. I have the power to affect an animal’s treatment by simply buying something different or just help along bad treatment. I see the frozen meat as a thing once living something that had a soul. I know it was meant to be eaten. It’s just the way things are, but that doesn’t mean I can’t affect how the cow was once treated.

It all started when I was small. I started eating healthy after my mom researched where our food was coming from. I feel more grateful about the way I eat now. I remember thinking long ago that this was just how life was.

After a while, guilt was starting to build inside me. One night I almost woke up screaming to the nightmare that was true about how animals were treated with factory farming. I thought over the way animals in factories were treated and I felt more grateful than ever to have the life I have. I’m an animal lover, I know all animals have a soul and a personality for I have nine cats, five dogs, and twenty goats, im personally connected to all of them as humans. Life’s painfull. But that doesn’t mean it should be more painful than normal. That’s just inhumane, cruel, and selfless I mean everybody gets hurt because of this except for the one making money. I know that animals are meant to be eaten but let them have a happy life so they don’t suffer. I buy organic free roaming food and support an animals happiness, not supporting its tears and cries for justice, I’m supporting their justice. I do this by buying the more expensive meat from the local organic food store. I believe we all have a choice to make a difference whether we choose money over health for animals and us.

Animals have a right to see sunlight and feel grass between their toes as people do too. They have the right to keep their children and nourish them as well as humans can. They have a right too. They have a right to feel the fresh air and eat their natural food. But no they cant. This is the food we eat. I think this is wrong and it should stop.