I believe in laughter

Leeia - midlothian, Virginia

I believe in laugher, because it takes more muscles to frown than smile. Life is too short to spend every day frowning. I laugh at myself when I make a mistake, and even if I don’t make one, I still laugh. I laugh when I’m sad, angry, upset, or happy. A good laugh can make me smile all day; a laugh can never let me down. Laughter is good for the heart. Laughter brings friends, family, and coworkers together.

I’m always laughing and joking around with my friends. I love bringing laughter to people’s life. Going around and smiling, has attracted new and different people to me. Being able to laugh with my friends has built a stronger bond between us. If they were always serious, never laughing at jokes, I would not like hanging around them. Our friendship would not work if I was the only one always laughing and they weren’t cracking a smile. What also makes our bond stronger is the way they laugh. High pitch giggling, soft smirks, or just loud and heard miles away, our laugh shows how unique and different we are. But it is that uniqueness that brings us closer, like a family.

Everyday growing up, I was laughing with my family. We laugh about day to day activities, and faults of our own. Sometimes we even laugh at times when my younger sister and I got in trouble. My family taught me that laughter is the cure for anything and everything. Laughing with my family, eases me, carries all my worries and stresses away.

Laughing with co-workers made a boring job, working behind a desk pushing paper, fun. I was the new person, so to break the ice, I told a joke. It was simple like why did the chicken cross the road? But it brought a smile to everyone that heard it. From that moment and on the bond between me and my co-workers was strong, we trusted each other. We never had a dull moment at work, which showed in the end products of our work. Hard workers lead to better pay and a higher position.

Without laughter I don’t think I would have become such a strong person I am today. Someone tells me that I’m not going to far; I laugh it off and continue to reach for the stars. I don’t laugh to hide feelings, but to express that nothing can get me down. To build a stronger bond between me and my friends, families, or co-workers, I share a good laugh. Share a laugh during a boring meeting, sports practice, or during a class. When someone tells a joke, I laugh even when it is not funny. I laugh until I cry and my stomach cramps. I laugh out loud so that someone else can hear me and laugh with me, or I’ll laugh soft to myself; but whatever I do, I LAUGH.