LODAAT

Andrew - Stafford, Virginia

LODAAT

Live one day at a time, or “Lodaat,” as a friend refers to it. Recently, I have thought about this simple cliche. To me it is not a cliche, but philosophy on life. I try to make the best out of every day, and I live my life to it’s fullest potential. I love to live.

I spend my time listening to music, skating around, or thinking. I find my self laying on my back looking into the sky. I simply find animals in clouds as they pass by morph and go out of sight. My mind has taken me to the far depths of space, the bottom of oceans, or planets with life like ours. It makes you wonder how your mind can be so powerful to think of these things, but act on nothing but certainty. This is where I believe that people should live their lives one day at a time.

I am an adult and I need to make my own decisions. I will finish living my life the way I want. I will do what makes me happy, I’ll associate with the people who make me happy, I wont act any differently to get certain things in life, I’ll simply just “be me” and take things as they come. Everything happens for a reason. If something bad happens to me, then something good will be waiting for me right around the corner. I shrug of the bad and stay positive. I am thankful that I am alive, and can love. I will spend as much time as possible with the people I love.

I have a strong belief in falling in love. Without your other half, so to speak, you feel empty. I know that my life is incomplete until I fall in love. I want the love of my life to be my best friend the person who will lay in open fields and watch the clouds pass by. When I wake up in the morning and roll over to my wife I want her to kiss me even though I have morning breath. When I feel like crying I want her to hold me in her arms and tell me everything will be okay. I want to hold her hand as I walk through a crowded mall and show her off. When I fall in love; I will spend the rest of my life in her arms. My life will feel completed when I am with her. All of my insignificance will immediately be lost. I am her world and she is mine. My life will have meaning when I am with her.

“Lodaat.” This is my philosophy. I take what the world gives me, I understand my insignificance in this world, and I do not take life for granted. I be me and I do the things that make me happy. I live my life to its fullest potential every day. I do not hold back. This I believe.