I Believe in His Plan

Breanna - Shawnee, Kansas

Bree Honer Hour 7

“I Believe”

Mrs. Ish

I Believe in His Plan

One day changed my life. I was in kindergarten, and my teacher was talking about giving your life to the Lord. She said if you want Christ to be the center of you, the center of everything you do, pray this prayer; “Dear Lord, please come into my life and change me. I want to live just for you. Please come into my heart and be with me always. I love you. Amen.” Even though I was so young, I prayed this special prayer. An ordinary day had just changed into an extraordinary day. I believe God was beginning to work in my life, and use me for something so unimaginable.

One instance when I really saw God in my life was about one year ago. A man in my church was extremely ill. He had a rare form of cancer, it was spreading fast and the chemotherapy was just not working. Rick was a lucky man with a wife and 3 beautiful kids. I just couldn’t understand why this had to happen to him. So, from the beginning of his diagnosis, I prayed for him everyday. Actually, it was more like several times a day. Well, about one year had passed since his diagnosis. I got this call from his wife; she said, “Rick just had a PET scan. It’s when they can scan the whole body. I know you have been praying really hard Bree, so I just wanted to tell you that Rick is now cancer free…” I dropped to my knees and started crying. My prayers had worked! I had never thanked God so much in my life. That was a life changing moment. When I prayed for Rick, I knew God had heard me, but he had never said anything back to me before. When Rick beat the odds it was when I thought, “God is talking!”

I don’t know what plans God has for me, but I do know that he has one. Through each action that I do he is forming me for his “master plan”. He will use me for whatever he wants. His desire will be completed through me because I am one of his servants now. Sometimes I might get confused, but I know Christ is always going to be in control of my life. So what is there to worry about?