The Perfect Day

Nadine - Norfolk, Virginia

To start a great day

In order to start a great day, I have to plan everything the day before. Firstly I need to clean my room and organize all my school works and folders. I set up my alarm to 6:30am or 7:00am and then I go to sleep. The next morning when I wake up, I turn off my alarm, go wash my face, and brush my teeth. Afterwards, I go for a 30 minutes run. When I come back, I drink two cups of water and stretch for 15 minutes. It is the best feeling to take a shower after a run in the morning, so that’s what I do.

Afterwards, I dress up with nice clothes which I prepared for myself last night. I go eat healthy breakfast, and read something funny or inspirational. It is very important to crack a smile, that’s a guarantee for a good day. Even if something goes wrong I cannot let it affect me. I have to try and fix the situation, or move on. I strongly believe that10% of what happens to me is not under my control, but 90% of what happens to me is definitely under my control. It means that I can control my reaction to every situation. And if I succeed to control my reaction to a situation, I can control the next situation or even the whole day.

However, what really helps me to keep balance in my life, is routine.

It is something that can organize my schedule and my daily activities.

Before playing a tennis match in the morning, I wake up 3 hours before the match. I Eat two and a half hours before the match; because sometimes when I am nervous it takes me longer time to digest the food. When I go on court I have to feel light, that means

not hungry, but pretty close to that, that’s why I always have a snack with me and power drinks.

Once my coach told me, that it all begins in the way I put my tooth brush. It’s true. I have to be organized in order to be successful.

Before exams I have to be awake at least for two hours. Then drink a cup of tea, eat , and revise the material once again. This is my routine before any exam. Doesn’t matter whether the exam is supposed to be easy or hard, that’s what I do. Routines are very important for me to stay in my zone.

In case something goes wrong in the morning or during the day and ruins my mood, I try to keep my routine as normal as possible. Also, if I do not get mad about something which went wrong, or not the way I expected it to be, I can still have a good day after all. It all depends on my reactions to the situation that can determine if the rest of the day is going to be good or not.

It is all about those little things that change days to better days, weeks to better weeks, and the world to a wonderful world.