Demetria - Chesapeake, Virginia

I am a firm believer of karma. In 2nd Corinthians chapter 9 verse 6 it says.” But this I say he which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly and he which soweth bountifully shall reap bountifully.” I know in my own life when I have given back I have received something in return. When I lived in Norfolk my friend Kayla didn’t have a great home life. I was there when she needed me and she knew that she could always come to my house. Sometimes she needed a shoulder to cry on and sometimes she just wanted somebody to listen to her. But if nothing else she could always come over just to get some peace. And in return I always had a lot of friends. And my friends were there for me and were good to me too. That is why the earth is round because what ever you send out will return to you good or bad.

I have not always been a good person and I know that one day I will reap what I have sowed. When I was in high school I had a crush on this boy named Jon and this other boy named Steve liked me. But I didn’t like Steve and Jon didn’t like me. I was always mean to Steve and ignored him. And in return Jon treated me the same way. I was hurt. The way Steve felt when I rejected him was how I felt when Jon rejected me.

I also believe whatever a person says out of their mouth will come to pass. If a person is always saying negative things about themselves, eventually they will come true. Repeating over and over how bad off they are isn’t going to make the situation better. For example, I know an older lady by the name of Alice and she is always saying how bad her health is. Her diabetes is acting up, her blood pressure is high, and her foot is bothering her. Because she focuses on the negative she stays in and out of the hospital.

Sometimes I wish that I could take back some of the bad things I have done. I have been very mean to people that care about me. I have been inconsiderate of others feelings and didn’t apologize to them. And I know that one day I will all of that again, but for the time being I’m going to try to change. Because karma is a bitch and you get what you give.