I Believe in Living with Family

Fu - norfolk, Virginia

Some people believe that grown up living with their family is like a nightmare. But I believe that living with family isn’t a nightmare. I have lived with my family for many years, and I believe that it is a wonderful thing. The time I spend living with my family had been wonderful and I believe it will continue in the future. I believe that I like living with my family because I am Chinese and it is in my culture that the young must take care of the old. As long as I can remember, I had been living with my family and it will always be. I remember that when I was a kid, my parents were living with their parents and they all were happy. My parents even take care of their parents when they grow up and that made me to believe that I should do what they do, too.

It was not until one holiday when I realized that I want to live with my family not only because it is in my culture. I realized on that day that I want to live with my family because I like the feeling of having people that I care about around me. It was Chinese New Year when my dad was out of town on a business trip. That night, my family members gather to celebrated the New Year but there was something missing. I really believe that not having my father around to celebrate the New Year made me feel a little sad inside because we have been celebrating every holidays together as a family. Not having the whole family together to celebrate the New Year made celebrating the holidays not as cheerful as the other holiday when we are together. Even though it is just for a few days, it made my life feel empty and somewhat sad because my family and I have been together as a whole for nineteen years. Having the whole family together again made me feel free and happy. That holiday made me believe that living with people I care about is wonderful and I do believe that my family is going to live with me in the family.