The Power of Love, Friendship, and Differences

Carlisshia - Columbia, South Carolina

I believe in the power of love, friendships, and differences. Throughout my life, and many others, these three factors have shaped peoples lives for the better. Without love the world would be a strange filled place. Love can create and destroy, a fact i learned the hard way. I am a foster child and without the love of caring people i would be in a group home or homeless. Friends have made my life easier to deal with. Being a foster child means that you could be uprooted from your life without a second glance back to see it crumble behind you. But when the going gets tough friends make it less difficult for me to deal with the fact that I really don’t know much about myself or my family. They show me that I can love and have a normal relationship even though my life is far from “normal”. This point brings me to my last belief of being different. I have always been different. Without differences this world would be a boring place to be. Differences are what shape and mold us into who we are. An example of differences are what make up states and things inside them. Each state has a different landscape and different trees and birds. Another example of differences would be when i visited Arizona and ate out at McDonalds. Throughout my young life i had only been exposed to once layout of McDonalds. When i visited Arizona i saw another fast-food place. The name that stood out in the sky proudly said McDonalds but it couldn’t be. This McDonalds looked nothing like the one i was used to seeing. To summarize what i just said is a saying that has been said many times and passed down from generation to generation, just be yourself and love and friendship will soon follow you.