Keep Going

Isaac - Las Cruces, New Mexico

Four years ago my family and I bought a house on Luna Street which is in Las Cruces, New Mexico. When we first bought it, everything was fine, except for that one day when we got a letter in the mail saying we had to pay $10,000 for a loan we supposedly took out on the house. My father called the sellers and they didn’t do anything. So my father hired an attorney and he said not to pay the bill – to just to wait and he would straighten everything out.

The next year our attorney found the man responsible for everything that had happened. It was the seller’s realtor whose name is Amos. He had put a loan on the house before he sold it to us. He took the $10,000 and used it all on gambling.

Even after the bank knew what was going on, they just disregarded the problem. Our attorney went to the judge and convinced him to have a trial about it. When my dad came back from court he said to me, “The house is all ours.”

The bank that sold it to us had to pay us $10,000 because of their mistake. Now Amos is paying us $200 a month for the rest of his life. We are paying close to $350 a month just for our house. To make a long story short, we got everything together and are making upgrades on it.

We hope that Amos finds a job, can live a normal life, and doesn’t do anything stupid again.

I tell you this story about my life because I believe that even though you might be in a difficult situation, you never give up. If my father wouldn’t have tried to fix that problem, we would be in debt, living with my aunt, and we would be living a life that we shouldn’t have to live. If all hope is lost, there is always a way. Don’t give up and if you fall, pick yourself up and just keep on going.