The Power of Music

Mark - Las Cruces, New Mexico

I believe in music. I think that music brings people together. I like almost all kinds of music. Rap is the only kind I don’t like, but I do appreciate some rap songs. My favorite kind of music has to be classic rock. I started listening to classic rock because of my parents, I was three years old. Some of my favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, and Def Leppard. When I visit family in Massachusetts, they listen to the symphony, but when I head to Colorado, my aunt listens to acoustic guitar solos. Everybody listens to different kinds of music, so I grew to like all different kinds of music. Music is for every kind of mood you’re in they have work music, sad music, happy music any kind of music you can think of they got it.

Music has been around forever, from a couple of caveman drumming on a rock or a couple of birds chirping in a tree. I hate when people tell me they don’t like music. Almost any thing can be considered music. Personally, I like the way the guitar and drum sound together. I tried to take guitar lesson, but I never really got around to it, I know how to play a little, but I’ll never be as good as Jimmy Page, the lead guitarist for Led Zeppelin.

Sometimes my favorite thing to do is just sit in my room and really listen to music. Sometimes it helps me do my work when I’m listening to music, but the thing is that in school, teachers don’t let us. Maybe if they let us listen to music, I could be a straight-A student, not really, ha-ha. If you’re going to tell me you don’t like music, then I’ll know that you’re lying. I think that even if you don’t like a type of music, if you listen to it enough, then you will end up liking it.

My name is Mark Corazzini, and I believe in music because of the power that it has. Music exists for all religions, all types of people, all. That’s why I wanted to do this paper on music. Music has stopped people from killing themselves. If it has that much power, then I think it deserves a little bit more respect.