A moment lasts a lifetime

Harley - Duncansville, Pennsylvania

I believe a moment lasts a life time. Moments can be remembered if you think they are very special to you. I have very many special times in my life; I can remember such times like when I was very little. This favorite moment of mine that I remember was from when I was young.

I had remembered my mother saying to me that her Bobby needed help, that she was having money problems. So my mother, brother, sister and I all got in the car and met up with my mother’s friend Stephanie, along with her son. A short while later we had ended up at the old martins across from sheetz.We all walked inside as if we were on a mission and we set out. Instead of grabbing the normal carts my older sister and Stephanie’s son grabbed these little kid carts.

But as we got started my moms’ cell phone rang and my mother and I headed out the door to the car leaving my brother and sister with Stephanie. We had gone to the stop light and turned left and went down the road a bit and turned right at the burger king. We had ended up at a large building that we went inside of and met up with my cousin Karen and her mom. They were waiting with a car seat. They then gave us the car seat and we were off again. When we got back to the store Stephanie had my bother, her son and the groceries in the car. My mother took my sister and placed her in our car and we left. We had very many groceries.

We drove for about twenty minutes and we ended up in Newery. The only reason I think I remembered this was because I had gone to church there all my life. As soon as we got there my mother handed me the bread, because it was light and told we to go up the steps to the very top and knock on the door. Well of course I threw a hissy fit, first of all I did not want to walk up all of those stairs and second of all I didn’t want to go with out her. So she grabbed my brother out of Stephanie’s car and I went first, complaining the whole time. It was only two stories, but when your five its seems like a mountain.

Bobby opened the door and started to cry and thanked us. I looked up at my mother in amazement and said”why is she crying? She has food” I did not understand. She let us in, we talked, unpacked everything and I played with her son. Then on the way home my mom explained to me that they were tears of happiness. Then I started to cry, she said what’s wrong and I said though my tears I’m happy.

That was one of my happiest memories. I had helped someone, it was important to me. I had remembered this because it was special. If you do special things the moment will last a life time.