I Believe in Brotherly Love

Christy - Monroe, North Carolina

My whole life I have always had this voice in the back of my head constantly nagging and annoying me to the point of insanity. Come to find out it was my brother. I believe in Love…brotherly love.The I hate you so much right

now, but love you to death the next minute kind of love.My brother Pj and I have always been close and I know that

even though we are living far apart that will not change.

My bother Pj has always been my role model. When I was first born Pj claimed that I was “His Baby”. We were inseperable. He thought there was nothing in the world like me and carried me around everywhere. At 4 years old he thought that I was his responsibility. Then, the new began to wear off. I got older and more annoying. By the time I was 7 years old there was no one in the world he hated more than me. To hear him tell it I always got on his nerves and never left him alone. Looking back now I don’t doubt it. I was pretty much the worst little sister in the whole entire world. I always wanted to do exactly what he was doing. If he was doing homework I wanted some to do, if he was playing video games I wanted to watch, If he was outside here I came right behind him.

It wasn’t long before I began to see him in a different light. Pj was no longer the big brother who I adored and aspired to be like. No, he became that stupid jerk that was always hitting me, yelling at me, and blaming everything on me.We would always fight over anything and nothing; day and night; verbal and physical. It came to the point where I couldn’t stand him as much as he couldn’t stand me and it stayed that way for a while. By the time I was in middle school and him in high we wished the other one would get hit by a bus. But deep down we loved each other even if it was really really deep.

I believe that my brother actually does love me even though he has done and continues to do terrible thing to me, because for every bad memory we have together we also have a good one.His abuse has made me a stronger person. He may be the cause for most of the black eyes I have had in my life, but in return I have a pretty mean right hook. For 3 years he never called me by name. Instead he just hollered “Hey Fat come here”, but I learned not to care about what other people think. And maybe he did hit me in the back of the head with a frying pan one time when I made him mad, but I also shot him with a fire extinguisher when he ticked me off. Although I couldn’t stand his stupid music; I laugh at the fact that now I can sing a rap song better than anyone would ever guess. And so what if he held me down and shaved off my eyebrows a couple of times, well actually nothing good came from that. That was just mean.

Our fighting is mindless at times, but I believe that it brings us closer. I know that no matter what if I need him he will always be there for me. He has proven that.Like when I called him upset because I hated living in North Carolina and he left work and drove 4 hours to come get me. Pj is the one person I know I can always depend on. When I start to pick out his faults I see how similar we are. Right down to our matching freckles and I can’t hate someone who is just like me. It took me a while to realize that he really does try and look out for me and he shows his love for me in his own special big brother kind of way. Pj will always be the guy I look up to although I hate to admit it.