The Places We Love

John - Boise, Idaho
Themes: place

It is a Saturday morning. I wake up bright and early, for my only concern is what will happen in the next few hours of my life. My dad wakes up and we get the Jet Ski ready to go out for an adventure. You never know what the conditions will be like on the Payette Lake, but from my standpoint every early morning is amazing in McCall. We get to the launching dock and set my Sea Doo gently on the glassy plane of the lake. I wait for my dad to drive off into the distance before I start slicing this scenic picturesque view into oblivion. Once I do start this process I am in heaven. 90 horses of fury explode out the back my machine. I cannot tame this feeling it is intense, but at the same time poetic. I feel like I am a one-man show, blasting through this level like liquid. The only crowd I have is the Pines and rocks around me. I stop for a bit to let the dust settle. I am in my oasis. There is nothing to worry about and the feeling inside me is just in awe. I am at peace with my own self. The waves settle down and a wind gust gently grazes my hair and whispers into my ear sweet memories of the past few times I have done an excursion like this. Later on I come out of my trance with nature and regroup myself so my dad and I can load the Jet Ski back up and away from its environment

I believe that everybody has his or her own oasis. There is a place for everyone out there that makes him or her want to relax and make dew without worries. To me this place is McCall, Idaho. Every time I go up there to my cabin I feel at peace. More or less this place is my ecstasy. It shouldn’t matter if you’re doing an activity; I think what matters most is that you can escape when doing so. It is in a person’s blood to get away from the ordinary and do things that they love to do. I truly believe that there are places all around the world that do the trick for each individual. Maybe they don’t know it yet, but they will soon realize why they enjoy being somewhere. In the end who knows you may even end up living in your own oasis in perfect harmony. I just hope that everyone at some point in their lifetime figures out where their own little chunk of heaven is. I am John Webster and this is what I believe.