The End of the world

Matthew - East Amherst, New York
Themes: science

The End of the World

If there is anything that i believe in and can truly feel that I have the information to support it, it’s the end of the world in 2012. I believe that our earth will face is greatest change ever on December 21, 2012, Something unheard of, something so powerful and so great that it will change everything. Know body can really say what exactly will happen, or whether or not we will still be here, but I can prove when.

I’m the kid that doesn’t care what other people say or think about things, to me, my opinion is the only one that matters. I don’t trust ideology. Ideology betrays, it limits you and it leads you to dismay. I like to take in the raw data, think about it, and trust it. I go my own way, I live by experience and I think it makes me a true believer. To me, everything else is unconformable rumor. So Terence McKenna’s theory on the end of the world and his creation of the factual time wave leads me to believe that it’s real.

The late Terence McKenna in the late 1970’s created a mathematical formula depicting the ebb and flow of novelty on our planet. The ebb being the down trends, flow being the up trends, and novelty being the amount of change on the earth. He created the formula by studying the Chinese King Wen Sequence. When the equation is graphed it shows a trend of ups and down in novelty. The y-axis on the graph being novelty and the x-axis being specific dates from the beginning of earth to the current date down to the specific day. McKenna marked the major ups and downs on the graph and the highest times of novelty, and they were the following. 4 billion years ago the trend showed very high novelty, hence the beginning of earth. 65 million years ago a massive trend in novelty is shown, hence the disappearance of dinosaurs and 10,000 years ago, hence the end of the ice age. So, his graph perfectly displays the past down to the holocaust, World War 1, World War 2 and even the stock market crash. Understanding how accurate the graph depicts the past, McKenna decided to continue reading the trend into the future and that’s when he made a sickening discovery. His time line dips down the furthest it has ever since the beginning of the earth, it reaches zero on the date of December 21, 2012. This is the greatest change in novelty yet, and it means that the earth will experience an unheard of change, something unimaginable will happen on this date. I also like to take into account the fact that the Mayan’s calendar ends on this same date. And their calendar being astronomically based leads me to believe that it’s very accurate.

So will we cease to exist on December 21, 2012? Will we transcend into another state of being. Who knows, maybe, maybe not? It’s all a matter of belief and this happens to be something I truly believe in.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”- (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)