I Believe In Charley The Unicorn

Alexis - Las Cruces, New Mexico

Charley the Unicorn

I believe in the magic power of Charley the Unicorn,

{Charley the Unicorn

Is a YouTube video.}

Every day I come home from school and my little brother Darian is watching Charley the Unicorn. He only does it because he knows it makes me laugh and makes me forget all the bad parts of my day. One time I came home and he wasn’t feeling good so I played a few episodes for him to make him feel better. I sat there and watched them with him.

He had a fever of 93 degrees and after all the Charley the Unicorn and me spending time with him, even if we were just sitting there, I think something happened because after dinner, he was back to normal and feeling great.

And now every time we watch Charley, we just get happy. It brings back some good memories. One time when I was mad at my older brother for something stupid, I was angry at him for scratching my favorite C.D. and I wouldn’t let it go. So, to cheer me up, he put on a Charley the Unicorn episode and after that everything was all better. We were friends again.

Yesterday I came home in a bad mood because I was feeling a little bad about how I did on Standardized Testing, so my dad sat there with me and watched Charley the Unicorn. I forgot all about the Testing and was happy to be home with people I love and care about.

Every time anyone I know is upset or not feeling good,

Charley the Unicorn brings us together and makes us happy.

It’s like magic when it happens. Happiness just falls over everyone.

Now when I watch Charley it brings back memories and good feelings.

I just love those unicorns and how they bring all of us together.

Because that’s what matters.

Now we spend a lot of time together watching Charley.

And not just over the sad things, but for fun.

We always watch them and every time I do, I have my hamster out. One day he jumped out of my hands and got away so I played an episode to see if he would come back.

I found him later on the loveseat.

I was so happy, I played an episode of Charley and everything was better.

Everything was back to normal.

I wonder sometimes, what life would be like if Charley wasn’t here.

I wonder if I would be this close to my brothers, my dad, my friends.

I have all that, thanks to Charley.

But now I’m just going to let things like that go, why waste my time on something I can’t answer?

I just know he makes me and everyone around me happy.