Doing What You Think You Can Do.

Jessica - Johnstown, Colorado

Doing What You Think You

Can Do.

Some people may give up really easily, but I believe in trying you’re hardest and never giving up. Those people, who do that, try to believe in yourself. Other people will try to cheer you on. If you don’t succeed the first time, try it again. It will make you better than you were the first time.

In my 2nd year of gymnastics, it got more challenging. I was in a competition and I was nervous. I started shaking and then crying. I could not take it, lots of people were there and watching my every move. My teammates cheered me on, but that made even more pressure. Once this girl named Amanda said, “go Jessica! You can do it.” It gave me a better feeling. I thought,” it is just a competition. If I try my hardest, it will make me better even if I don’t get a ribbon.” I gave myself encouragement and did my best.

Another life event was when I was going swimming at our pool. I was going to try to go underwater with my nose unplugged. I was scared to. My mom was like,” you can do it. Just put your head underwater and don’t breathe.” It was hard to do but I believed in myself and I did it! I tried to do it but I got water in my nose. It hurt like crazy!!! But I did not give up. I tried again and it worked. I kept practicing and I got it. I got it forever.

The last event was when I was trying to do a back tuck. I tried a lot of times. But after I kept practicing, I figured I was tiring myself out and I would not be able to do them when I am tired. I did not need to do any more till’ tomorrow. The next day I was ready for competition. The judges were ready for me. It was my turn on the floor. I was TERRIFIED!! When I got up there, I told myself,” just try your hardest. It is just for fun.” I believed in my thought and I did it! I did not care if it was bad or not. I was just exited I did it. I told myself and I did it.

Just believing in yourself will let you have a better life. You will be more confident and do better at the stuff you like to do. If people cheer you on, you should do the same back so they will believe in their self more. Now I know that if I try my hardest and believe in myself, I can do whatever I set my mind to.