Distance isn’t a Problem

Sequoya - johnstown, Colorado

Distance isn’t a Problem

Friends are always your friends no matter how far apart you are. When you leave your old friends behind to meet new friends those old friends are still there if you need them.

I believe that even when friends are apart they will always be friends.

When I was five I played soccer. I met this girl named Mason, and we were friends right away. We had a lot in common: our favorite movies, books, sports, games, etc.

She would come over before and after soccer practice everyday. After soccer was over we lost touch.

Later on that year I joined the Girl Scouts. My mom was the leader of the troop. On the very first Girl Scout meeting Mason was there, her mom was the second leader of the troop. We had no idea that we were in the same troop, but it didn’t take long for our friendship to start where it left off. We were friends again, like we were in soccer. When I was six, and in first grade, Mason and I were in the same class. We weren’t just friends we were best friends.

Our friendship was inseparable. We were always together; so much people thought we were sisters! I saw her everyday until I was in second grade. She went to a private school. She wasn’t happy about that, and neither was I. I was sad that I didn’t see her everyday, but our friendship still existed out side of school. I made new friends and so did she.

In third grade Mason moved to Loveland. That was harder than switching schools, but we were still best friends. I moved not too long after that. I moved to Johnstown. We were closer than before, but still apart. Now we are both in sixth grade and still best friends. We have never let distance between us.

She is still my best friend to this day. We are always talking, and we see each other almost every weekend. She is a true friend. I know that she will never let anything come between us. Even when I am living in Johnstown, and she is living in Loveland for us distance isn’t a problem.