I Believe in Having a Family to Love You

jocelyn - Las Cruces, New Mexico
Themes: family, love

I Believe in Having a Family to Love You.

Right now my Uncle Mike is in the hospital; he has multiple diseases. He had to get surgery that was a complete success; he had thirty-one staples put into his stomach. It looked extremely painful.

Every day he has many visitors go up to his room. Nearly every day Lisa is there. Lisa is his daughter. My mom (Jennifer), my grandma (Esther) and Cathy (my uncle’s fiancée) are always there. They are there when they get off of work; they drive straight over. Cathy is there all day. I go every once in a while. I try to go at least three times a week.

Uncle Mike has his good days and his bad days. When my mom gets back home, if I don’t go, she tells me how he was doing that day. I always am happy when he has a good day, but, when he has a bad day, I can’t help but feel sorry for him. Knowing he is in pain. I just wish he could get better very soon.

It’s quite interesting; a terrible illness in our family can show us how much we truly love each other. My uncle and his daughter didn’t get along very well; Lisa has realized how much she needs her father in her life just as much as anybody else deserves one. We have all realized how much Cathy loves my uncle. She is there at the hospital almost every day or as much as she can be. But, Cathy does have kids so she has to go get them from their daycare before six. Cathy is an extraordinary woman; she makes sure her kids are well taken care of as well as the man she loves. My mom is there as much as she can. She goes almost every day to make sure her brother is all right.

When my uncle was transported to Albuquerque my mom, grandma, Cathy, and Lisa all had made arrangements so they could go with my uncle. I was to stay with my grandfather (Mike) because they were supposed to stay in Albuquerque for a little over a week. My grandpa was going to take me to school. Cathy’s kids (Carolina, Savannah, and Steven) where staying with one of my uncle’s sisters. My mom, grandma, and Lisa had to take off from their jobs in order to go.

I don’t know about them, but to me, all of them doing that for a son, brother, father and a lover was showing us about how much he is absolutely loved and how much we would do for family.

There are many meanings of a family’s love. I have seen this one for myself, and even if it’s from the situation from an terrible illness, it still shows what it is like to be loved and to give love for a very valuable person in our lives.

This is some of my family’s love.