This I believe

delia - santa monica, California
Themes: hope

I believe in my Mother in the dreams she and I have. My Mother came from Mexico seventeen years ago and I was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles California known as the ghetto I believe that she made everything for me and my brothers to be health and responsible children’s. I believe she’s the reason for me to be here and be the woman I’m right now. If it wasn’t for here I wouldn’t have the clothes I have or even the school I’m attending. She’s the reason for me to smile she’s not only my mother but she’s also someone I could trust when I’m feeling sad. I believe that people that come from Mexico could have the same rights as the American people I wish that the new president Obama will give them the chance to become citizens because they are responsible people and they also work hard. I’m saying this for experience my older brother graduated from high school and his attending to El Camino College here in Torrance. He is also looking for a job so he could be able to pay his college but because his not a citizen his not able to pay it because in no job wants someone that isn’t a citizen and my mother is struggling to pay this. I believe that this is not fair for my brother and other people that are going through this. I believe on him and I still do that he once will do this. Well because of this reason now is my turn to do something about it because my brother can’t make it is my turn to believe in my self and make my family to believe in me as one I did for them. I also believe in my self that once I will be someone in live so my Mother and my brother could be proud of me. I’m concentrated first to graduate from High School and from there I’ll like to go to Santa Monica College and then transfer to a USC or an UC. The mayor I’m going for is base in Nursing. I choose this because it like working with children’s and also with adults I like to make then healthier and also to feel better. I also believe and dream that I will get marry to the right man for me and have a car and children’s and a big house were my mother could be with us too and for that day I believe that Obama will give the chance to emigrants so my mother will be able to go back and visit Mexico after the time she hasn’t been their that’s her dream a dream that I will like to make it true like she believe on me I will make her believe more by making her that dream. This is my I believe story.