Second Chances

Angel - Las Cruces, New Mexico

“Second Chance”

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. To me, a second chance is everything and should be appreciated by everyone. To me, everyone deserves a second chance because everyone makes mistakes and wishes to go back and fix them. To me, that is the most important thing: that anyone can have the safety of a second chance. To me, it’s like having a “Get out of Jail Free Card” from Monopoly.

A Second Chance. I have seen one just from my dad. He owns a business here in Las Cruces, New Mexico, Top Notch Exteriors, a construction company. You could say it’s a “family” business. I have many uncles and aunts working there for my dad. I love them all so much. Both of my uncles work for my dad in hard-working back labor, God bless their souls. They both have their troubles in life; they have both messed up. But they are good people. If you need them, they are there. To me, they have just made bad choices.

Now onto my dad. His characteristics are great. My dad has high expectations of me and my brother. Personally, I don’t think I fit them. He is the best and he wants me to be the best at anything I do. He always says me, “Whatever you do, Angel, always do it with a passion.” I have always considered that phrase he tells me. In soccer he always tells me, “Do it with a passion, do it like it’s your last game, and do it with a good attitude.”

My dad sadly fires my uncles whenever they mess up. Usually when they come back from jail, my dad always helps them out. No matter what, he gives them a second chance. Frankly, he gave them four or five chances. My dad has a good heart. So I believe that anyone and everyone deserve a second chance. But then again, my dad digs deep into his heart and gives them another chance to better themselves from getting their own self into trouble.

To me, my dad’s company is kind of a “Safe” zone for my uncles. It’s a job so they don’t get themselves in trouble; it’s a job so they can have a good life.

My dad’s company has its upturns and has its downturns in many things. Someday my uncles will find comfort and peace, a stable job, a good family, just plain and simple, the characteristics of a good life.

I believe in second chances, because one chance isn’t enough.