Squid

David - Plainsboro, New Jersey

If I believed in anything it would probably be the squid. Not many people know about the squid but they could make pretty good humans. In fact, if every human was squid, there would be no war, no deceiving, and no giving up. Even though I’m only 13, I know enough about the squid. Squids can teach humans some valuable lessons.

Squid lesson part one: If every human learned from squid there would be no war. There are over 100 types of squid. Some big, some small, some cute, some ugly, some nice, some mean. But none will eat each other. Squids don’t hate there own species unlike us. Every day, minorities are hurt, discriminated upon, and, sadly, killed. If we were squids, the KKK, Nazi’s, and slavery would never happen. SQUIDS DON’T KILL SQUIDS!!!!! Some kids in our school make fun of me because I’m Jewish. If they where squids, they wouldn’t pick on me at all. That seems like a good world to me

Squid lesson part two: If every human learned from squid there would be no treachery. Squids can’t lie; they change color or do an action to show emotion. For instance, a squid is red, it is angry or aggressive and when it shoots ink, it’s scared. Squids are the worst poker players because they don’t have a poker face. Humans lie, a lot. We lie so much I think we lie more than we tell the truth. Think of what a lie causes. False love, false hope, false life. Without lies, no one can be the sucker of someone’s cruel joke. No one can be sabotaged into turning hope to despair; no one can turn a dream into a nightmare. know one can be hurt.

Squid lesson Part three: If every human learned from squid there would be perseverance. The giant squids mortal enemy is the sperm whale, a creature twice its weight and twice the brain power. The sperm whale will usually win a fight but, a squid will win every now and then but only out of self defense, not for the sake of killing. If every human strived to conquer their own sperm whale, the motto of earth will become” nothing is impossible”. Trying to tackle something that is scientifically impossible and trying is one thing, but accomplishing that task and proving everyone wrong is true glory. The great scientists are the ones who push the boundaries to discovery something. If everyone pushed the limit, the human race could invent so much so quickly to help the world. Wouldn’t that be great?

If you follow these lessons every day, you’ll be a better human, I promise. If your about to make fun of minorities, think “what would the squid do?” If you forget how to tell the truth, show your real colors, and if you feel like giving up, try and try and try. Remember, never say never. Just think “Squid” and you’ll be a better human.