I believe in faith

kelvin - monticello, Utah

I believe in faith. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and faith is a key principle in my religion. I believe faith is a hope for things which are not seen which are true. Faith is a principle of action and power. Faith brings meaning and hope to […]

I believe in faith. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and faith is a key principle in my religion. I believe faith is a hope for things which are not seen which are true. Faith is a principle of action and power. Faith brings meaning and hope to life.

There are many types of faith. There is faith in God, faith in family, faith in self, faith in friends, faith in the future and many more types.

I have faith in my family. I know that my family is there for me and always will be. As a young boy I always knew that if I needed help with anything that I could go to anyone of my family members and they would help me. I spent many long hours working into the early morning hours with my mom on my school work. When I was a little boy, there was a time when my family was going to go watch a parade in a neighboring town. Everyone was so caught up in getting ready and out the door that everyone forgot about me playing with my toys in the basement. As I came up the stairs it was completely silent and I reached the front window just in time to see my family pull away in our big goldish-brown Chevy suburban without me. I was very sad to say the least, but I absolutely knew that my family wouldn’t forget me and that they would come back for me. I only waited for a short time and then they came speeding back, coming to my rescue, reassuring my faith. I know that my family will always love, support and guide me in my life decisions.

I have faith in my self and my future. I know that I can become what I want to become. I make my own decisions and I trust myself to make my own decisions. I am going to college right now and I know that I can work hard and pass all the classes I take. I know that I can work hard and obtain the degree that I want. I know that I am the captain of my future.

I have faith in the future of this world. The future of this world seems to be pretty bleak at times, but I think that everything is going to be alright. I know that there is a lot of bad in the world, but there is also an incredible amount of good also. I see so much good in others around me. I see people opening doors for others, I see friendly smiles as I walk by strangers, and I see many charities and organizations helping those who are struggling with life or disaster. I have faith that the core of good people and the small acts of kindness they do will keep the bad in check and keep the future bright.