A Second Chance is Worth More Than A Thounsand Words

Llajaira - hazleton, Pennsylvania
Themes: forgiveness

I believe that second chances can change a person. A second chance means forgiveness; it is allowing someone to make a transformation for the better. Everyone at some point in his or her lives have been in the mercy of another person, and asked for a second chance. As humans we are prone to make such mistakes, which are unintentional and silly. Upon making these mistakes we tend to fail on things such as trust, friendship, or love, things of that nature.

I believe in the goodness of people, if a person is given a chance they can overcome anything. People thrive by the goodness of others, when people are willing to give someone a second chance it means that they care enough to put the hurt behind them and allow for the other person to show that they are sorry instead of just saying it meaninglessly.

My best friend Mandee and I grew up together. We were inseparable since we were in diapers. Sadly when we got into high school we drifted apart. She found “new and cooler friends” that I wouldn’t be caught dead with. They had really bad influences on her; they introduced her to drugs, and she began drinking, and smoking. One day I confronted her about it and she got mad at what I said. Lets just say the night ended badly, with a lot of yelling and my friend storming out of my house in fury spitting out hurtful words and basically leaving our friendship at the door when she left. I couldn’t help but think about our friendship and how we allowed it to fail so miserably.

My friends mom tried to talk to me after that night, she begged me to help her daughter because I knew her better than anyone else. She had hope that I would be able to use our old friendship to get her back on track, and in the right direction. I personally had no idea how I could do this. When I finally had gathered the nerve to talk to her again she was in really bad shape. The realization that this girl used to be my best friend hit me like a ton of bricks. She looked different to me she looked worn out and out of shape. Without a word I extended my arms to her and held her in a hug for what seemed like hours. I had forgiven her even before the words could come out of her mouth. I gave her a second chance at our friendship, even though I was hurt so bad by her.

Because of my best friend I believe that everyone should be given a second chance. People stray from their paths sometimes but it is always comforting to know that there is someone to point you in the right direction before you completely get lost. Second chances are about caring they are about forgiveness. For this reason I believe in second chances.