I Believe in my College Education

Julie - Salt Lake City, Utah

In three years I will be graduating high school. Getting to a more challenging, safer school is no easy task. Each morning it takes about 30 to 40 minutes to get to school. Now that I am in high school it changes everything. I have to study hard and turn in my homework on time.

I was the first in my family to graduate from middle school. The two years that I spent in middle school were some of the hardest years of my life but I got through it and it did teach me something. This experience taught me that studying hard and learning something new will help in the future. The challenges you will face in learning will help you get through school. Learning will help you in life when you are older.

My dad never finished elementary school. He dropped out when he was in the third grade. My dad said that when he was my age, he spent time in the library and that’s where he learned every subject that we are learning in school. My dad helps us with homework, mostly with math.

My mom graduated from the sixth grade but she never went to middle school. Everyone in her family had to go to school and have an education and when someone finished school the other one would go. Both of my parents are giving my siblings and me the opportunity to go to school. My parents always tell me to stay in school and get good grades if I want to get a good job and have a better future. when I grow up I want to be a doctor. I am trying my best to find the college for me. When I was in the fifth grade my parents asked me what I wanted to do after high school and I told them that when I graduate, I want to go to college and I will stay focused on my college education and keep studying. And then, when I graduate, I will go on to become a doctor. I am proud to be going to college soon and to graduate from high school. I will try hard to study and get the college degrees that I will need to get a head start on my career.

My parents are proud for me that I made it to high school. I am also proud of myself to have made it all this way. I am going to support my siblings, who are also headed to college, the way my parents have supported me. I will try to help them with their homework the way my dad helped me.

I Believe in my college education. It is the only dream I have.