Jacki - Montgomery, Alabama

I believe in the immeasurable impact of every action, event, and person in my life. As I grow older, I see myself changing, and I can now link these changes to the specific influences I experienced in my life. After a time-consuming and difficult attempt to catalogue this recurring phenomenon, I settled upon the metaphor of comparing it to a movie, in which each indispensible player completely transforms the very meaning of my reality. In this movie, each character possesses an essential part, the plot follows a specific storyline, and, inexplicably, twists ensue, along with a severe lack of editing. And while I may not appreciate the “special effects,” I now realize that each hurt and every hug, every sweet lie and blunt truth, and every righted wrong and good intention that led me down my personal road of existence played a vital role in my “film”. Every person offers some undiscovered knowledge about myself that requires my utmost attention and understanding. Every move I make alters the entire tone of my storyline. Every dismal downfall and thriving triumph adds more to the story, culminating in a vast genre of comedy, adventure, and tears.

As every movie depicts, every action stays carefully scripted (alas, not by my hand, but by a much more wise director than myself) and every actor handpicked to perfectly convey to the audience a meaning, an impact, and a purpose. The audience exists to attempt to figure out the ending before the credits roll past the screen. Ironically, I am both the audience and the star of my “movie”. It is my responsibility to examine what every character offers to me to learn, my duty to follow the script (although improv never hurts), and my job to script the ending. The casting is perfect, the script well-written, and the reviews forthcoming. Although I comprehend some of the plot so far, I understand that I am not done acting, learning, and living. There still remains running time, and, of course, I look forward to the blooper reel.