Do What you love to do

pedro - Los Angeles, California

Do What You Love to Do

When I was five or six years old, I used to ask many times about what was life about? A lot of times I heard people say that life is not that easy and that I was lucky because I was young and that I didn’t have to worry about it. Then I was scared to grow up. Now I can tell those people that they were wrong and that life is about doing what you love to do. I know I’m not that old and I understand I don’t have many experiences but I can say that if you do what you love to do, life is easer. And if you keep doing it or have always the same thought about life, you can reach dreams.

I love to do a bunch of things that sometimes I surprised my self when I realize I like to do them. For example, I didn’t know I like to cook, and also I surprised my self when I started to play in my dad’s band. But something that I love to do, and that I’ll never stop doing, is dance. This whole hobby or dream about dancing in front of people started two years ago. At my grandparents’ 50 year anniversary, my uncle told me and my brother to do a little performance for them, but my brother didn’t want to do it. And in the end, I decided to do it my self. When the day was already here I started to come out with steps out of nowhere. Since that day I realized I wanted to be a professional dancer and to show people the beauty of dance. Every time I dance, my personality changes 360, I put a smile in my face and it stays there until the track ends. Watching every day videos of dance, my dreams keep growing without stop and my feet keep pushing me to something; I don’t know what it is, but that I want to know.

Looking at different dance crews’ styles, the decision of making a crew came to my mind. I decided to look for some people at school that wanted to dance, but that would have the same thoughts about dance. So, my goal was to dance every month and encourage people to get into something as good as dancing. When I told my friends about this, they were laughing and some of them didn’t like the idea. I felt so bad when I saw my project or dream by that time falling down. Then I told my self, “You’re asking for too much.”

Of the people who has inspired me to dance is Ramon Lilou. Lilou, a French b-boy or brake dance boy, is a professional dancer that started to dance at the age 14 and now is one if the most important people in my life. He’s my inspiration and the hand that pulls me up when I’m down, in other words, when I have obstacles to face. He has a unique personality, when he dances that no one has. Every battle he has he is always shooting for the first place. Now he’s 25 years old and he has a crew named Pokemon Crew. Then I tell my self if he did it. Why I can do it?

I believe we should be happy with ourselves by doing what we love to do. I’m not looking for fame or money; I don’t care about all this because it doesn’t give you anything good. I just like to be a symbol of inspiration for others, as Lilou is for me. I know it is not going to be easy, but I have the support of my parents and that’s a good start. For those who say that life is hard, they should believe in this: “Do what you love to do.”